Meet the Team
David Booth - Interface Team Manager
David has been leading the NHS Interface Team since he joined the project in 2002. Having been responsible during roll out for the delivery of a GL interface to each of the NHS Organisations on ESR, David is now managing the NHS Interface Team which is responsible for many of the interfaces in use on ESR.
Before joining the ESR Programme, David worked in the private sector for organisations that supplied payroll and finance services to the NHS. David graduated from Leeds University having studied Data Processing. Both David and his team are working to reduce the volume of duplicate data entry that occurs in the ESR User Community.
Mike Rigby - Interface Team Leader
Mike has been a member of the NHS Interface Team since 2005. Like David, before joining ESR, Mike also worked in the private sector supplying payroll and finance services to the NHS. Mike leads a team that is responsible for the implementation of additional interfaces and the support of the GL Interfaces.
Victoria Hartland - Project Lead
Victoria is involved in developing and delivering a strategy to account for external organisations/systems which impact on ESR, specifically relating to new NHS and Department of Health National Initiatives. Current projects include the Occupational Health Clearance Project and development of the Professional Registrations (NMC) Interface. In addition, Victoria also works closely with key stakeholders for other established National Initiatives such as the links with the General Medical Council, eKSF, Deanery and NHS Jobs.
The NHS Interface Team has five primary responsibilities
- For each ESR Organisation, produce a General Ledger (GL) Interface to agreed specifications and frequency
- Enable the ESR Community to make the best use of the Non Core Interfaces
- Ensure that all ESR interfaces are operating to the agreed SLA’s and timeframes; data is being exchanged successfully and conduct operational review meetings with key stakeholders,
- Enable the ESR Community to make the best use of Core and Non Core Interfaces, extending uptake and generating increased savings to the wider NHS,
- Work with NHS Organisations, 3rd party providers, the ESR Central Team and McKesson to define requirements and proposed solutions for additional interfaces with ESR. To ensure the adequate specification, quality testing, satisfactory delivery and support of interfaces to Service Level Agreements.
- To provide the technical lead to the ESR Community in relation to :- Networking Issues, PC Configuration and Local Software installation
The team is responsible for the ongoing operation, support and maintenance of the following core interfaces
- General Ledger (GL)
- NHS Pensions
- e-Recruitment (NHS Jobs & Health Jobs)
- Professional Bodies (GMC/NMC)
In addition, the team implements and supports optional 'non core' interfaces to subscribing organisations including
- Occupational Health (Bi-Directional) Interface
- Occupational Health Outbound Interface
- Generic Outbound Interface (Employees and Assignments)
- Generic Rostering Outbound Interface
- Generic Expenses Outbound Interface
- Generic Active Directory Interface
- Generic Attendance Inbound Interface (Timesheet and Expenses)
- Generic Absence Inbound Interface (Sickness & Annual Leave)
- Smart Outbound Interface
The team is currently working on a number of new developments in key areas
- With the Finance Departments to facilitate the General Ledger changes required as a result of changes arising from the NHS Reforms.
- With the Deaneries to expand on the uptake of the Streamlined Deanery Interface ahead of the August 2013 intake.
- To develop a new bi-directional interface to 3rd party Occupational Health (Occupational Health Clearance Interface )systems supporting the use of the ESR OH Clearance Functionality and Inter Authority Transfer Process (click here for further details).
- Continue to implement the new system specific interfaces for 3rd party suppliers making use of the new Generic Outbound Phase 2 dataset. These include new Rostering, Active Directory and Expenses system interfaces. Each of these new interfaces will be more frequent and contain a richer dataset than the current offerings.
- Processing to enable the implementation and ongoing support of the new Total Rewards Statements (TRS).