How do you stay on the right side of the law? And what support do you have in protecting sensitive data?
The answer is, through good Information Governance (IG). This course describes good IG and introduces the IG Toolkit to help you.You'll look at your responsibilities in some detail throughout this course, but in summary they include:
- providing a confidential service to patients, sharing information lawfully and appropriately
- processing information in accordance with the 'data protection rules' and respecting the rights of individuals
- complying with Freedom of Information requirements
- recording information accurately and ensuring it is accessible when neededensuring that information is held securely.
Information Governance sets common guidelines that help NHS staff know they are working to the same standards as people outside their own area. Please note: You must score at least 80% to pass the assessment.
The project contains the below courses, all of which are available via ESR:
- 000 Information Governance: The Refresher Module
- 000 Introduction to Information Governance
- 000 The Beginner's Guide to Information Governance