ESR provides a single point of access for all NHS staff with an ESR record to access national and local NHS e-Learning courses, flexibly and free of charge.
There are courses to cover statutory and mandatory subjects as well as a wide range of courses designed to assist employees with their professional development.
National content comes at no additional cost to organisations. Both local and national content are viewable from the same catalogue enabling a user to select from a wide variety of available content.
Courses have been developed by a number of national content providers to ensure that the most up to date, relevant material is available to NHS staff undertaking e-Learning:
- e-Learning for Healthcare
- Skills Academy for Health – Core Learning Unit
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
The courses cover a wide range of statutory and mandatory training, essential IT skills and clinical subjects. There are over 500 courses currently available, and more being added all the time.
- No cost to organisation
- No need to commission separate systems
- Support for Applicants to play e-learning before hire
- Automatic creation of User Accounts
- Consistent learning and skills delivered to all staff
- Production of consolidated learning reports
- Learning can be undertaken away from the workplace
- Fully integrated into ESR
- Reduction of duplication
- Transferability of learning record
- Nationally approved content, freely available and updated
- Learning history linked to employment record
- Provision of reports specific to organisations’ audit requirements (e.g. CQC)
- Local and national content available in one place
Click on the image left to read the full ESR e-Learning Brochure in pdf format
There are a range of resources available to help you understand the functionality within ESR and how to use it in your organisation. If you are registered to use the ESR Kbase you can access these resources by clicking the links to the right.
If you are not registered to use ESR Kbase click here to register.