ESR manages the entire recruitment process – from the identification of the initial vacancy, through the selection of suitable applicants, to an offer being made to the successful candidate.
The data that is captured during this process creates and builds the Employee Record, so this information never needs to be entered again.
Integrates with the online NHS Jobs service already in use in 95% of NHS organisations and with other e-Recruitment systems.
- Vacancies can be transferred from ESR to the e-Recruitment system and subsequently to the internet. Applicants can be short-listed in the e-Recruitment system and their details then transferred to ESR.
- Applicant data is built up throughout the recruitment process and forms the basis of the employee record. In the event of staff transferring between different NHS organisations, their employment record is instantly available to the new employer, thus reducing overheads and promoting the idea that staff are a part of the ‘NHS family’ wherever they work.
- This supports both the recruiting process (e.g. vacancy list reports and applicant status reports), and the mandatory monitoring of applicants (e.g. equal opportunities).
(see the Work Structures factsheet in this series for more about this)
- Tracks advertising costs, allowing the selection of the most cost-effective and efficient recruitment methods.>
- Integrated with the Streamlined Junior Doctor Interface to facilitate the junior doctors in training rotation programmes
Click on the image left to read the full Recruitment Brochure in pdf format
There are a range of resources available to help you understand the functionality within ESR and how to use it in your organisation. If you are registered to use the ESR Kbase you can access these resources by logging in to Kbase, and then clicking the links to the right.
If you are not registered to use ESR Kbase click here to register.