ESR holds all the information needed to produce accurate and timely payments to staff.
This includes personal details that are shared with the HR functionality of the system so that there is no duplication of information. To this is added data specific to pay, such as tax and National Insurance details, allowances and deductions, and pension arrangements. ESR holds all the relevant pay grades and rates for allowances and deductions whilst allowing local flexibility.
A particular feature is Date Tracking whereby the entire payment history for each staff member can be amended in the past or into the future. This enables backdated or post-dated changes to be implemented very simply and quickly, and in the former case, for backdated payments to be made automatically using the Retro Pay feature.
The reporting module allows control and audit of all aspects of the payroll process, and produces the mandatory information required for all relevant internal and external bodies.
Payroll processing within ESR requires that the due processes and reports are run in a given order to ensure that payrolls are processed accurately and on time; with this in mind payroll best practice guide has been developed.
- ESR holds the full range of Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental rates of pay and allowances, together with a full set of national deductions codes
- The Date Track facility enables the calculation of future-dated and backdated changes
- The Retro Pay facility enables arrears dating back over any period to be cleared within the normal payroll cycle
- Interfaces with third party Time and Attendance Systems and travel expenses systems
- Full suite of Interfaces with NHS Pensions for New Joiners; Leavers; Changes; and Year-End
- EDI interfaces with HMRC plus year-end reporting
- Four levels of security control access to payroll information and facilities
Click on the image left to read the full Payroll Brochure in pdf format
There are a range of resources available to help you understand the functionality within ESR and how to use it in your organisation. If you are registered to use the ESR Kbase you can access these resources by clicking the links to the right.
If you are not registered to use ESR Kbase click here to register.