e-Learning Communication Toolkit
Welcome to the revised eLearning Communications Toolkit. This toolkit is aimed at individuals in local organisations responsible for implementing and promoting eLearning through the Electronic Staff Record (ESR). We hope this resource provides you with everything you need to start communicating your eLearning activities effectively and to achieve the maximum impact for your work.
Initially developed in consultation with the Strategic Health Authority eLearning leads and NHS Trusts to build a range of information and guidance to support you, the revised toolkit has been through a significant review by the OLM Special Interest Group to ensure it meets the requirements of the project as it has evolved.
Although by no means exhaustive, this preliminary set of tools should enable you to start engaging with the relevant steps of a communication process. There is no set procedure in promoting eLearning through ESR as it is extremely dependent upon the culture of your Trust or organisation.
These are contained within:
This folder contains a set of useful images you may wish to use on promotional material within your organisation.
- Benefits Presentation – Designed to help you deliver presentations to key stakeholders on the benefits of deploying e-Learning within your Organisation.
- Developing a Communications Plan – A checklist to help you ensure key tasks are covered when developing your communication plan for rolling out e-Learning
- e-learning Case Studies – A link to the main ESR website case studies area to help you understand how other users have progressed in implementing e-learning.
- ESR e-learning Benefits Brochure – Designed to help you demonstrate the benefits of using OLM within your organisation this document outlines all the main key features in OLM and e-Learning.
- ESR Guide to Project Management – This document has been created to provide project management advice and guidance for anyone wishing to implement ESR functionality, and specifically the self-service and learning modules.
Contained in this section are a number of links to key user support material available on the ESR Support Website. These documents are intended to help you reach your learners with helpful and simple instructions as well as provide Administrators with key information on using their own local content within OLM. Also included is a link to the Learning Catalogue detailing national content available on ESR. The documents available are:
- Guide to creating Local Content
- Learning Catalogue
- Quick Start Guide (Smartcard Users)
- Quick Start Guide (Source Files)
- Quick Start Guide